This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A commonality among STEM programs at high schools in the United States is ________________. a. ... (Read 67 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A commonality among STEM programs at high schools in the United States is ________________.

a. presenting advanced courses in one primary discipline, such as chemistry
  b. providing rigorous courses covering a wide range of subjects in science, engineering, computers, and technology
  c. emphasizing the practical aspects of STEM rather than the theoretical
  d. providing students with internship and mentoring experiences only in the final year of the program, when they are ready for them

Question 2

Vikram has a mild learning disability and was struggling to get by in his large public school. He has had much more success after moving to a small urban charter school that is achieving near 90 percent graduation rates. A likely reason is that the school ______________.

a. provides him with a peer mentor and tutoring
  b. provides him with separate classes with special education instruction
  c. has much stricter rules about homework than his old school
  d. utilizes standardized tests supplied with the curriculum materials to the teachers

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lindahyatt42

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

irishcancer18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library