This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by a 17-month-old best represents telegraphic speech? a. Go.. b. Go store.. c. I ... (Read 42 times)

student77

Which statement by a 17-month-old best represents telegraphic speech?

a. Go..
 b. Go store..
 c. I go to the store..
 d. Can we go to the store?

Question 2

Forty-five-year-old Gustav says, I am not looking forward to growing old because I know that my memory will fail.. Discuss ways in which Gustav's statement is valid and ways in which his statement is misguided.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bd5255

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

Working memory, which involves holding information in mind and simultaneously using it to solve a problem or perform some function, generally declines with age. Implicit memory is the unconscious remembering of information learned at some earlier time. Not all implicit memory declines with age. Explicit memory is the deliberate and conscious remembering of information that is learned and remembered at a specific time. Episodic memory is a type of explicit memory and has to do with the recollection of information from a specific time or event. On tests of episodic memory recall, older adults omit more information, include more intrusions, and repeat more previously recalled items. Aging does not affect semantic memory (another type of explicit memory) which involves remembering meanings of words or concepts not tied to a specific time or event. In regards to autobiographical memory, which is memory for events that occur during one's life, older adults tend to report fewer details and to remember more positive than negative events.

student77

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library