This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A friend says, I am scared. My little boy is about to enter the teen years, and I have heard that ... (Read 34 times)

asd123

A friend says, I am scared. My little boy is about to enter the teen years, and I have heard that this is a time of great storm and stress, when he will reject everything about me.. Provide advice to your friend by describing the reality of this time of child-parent interactions.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Which is not a Piagetian-based implication for teaching?

a. Teachers should provide answers rather than letting students find them on their own.
 b. The best teaching experiences are those slightly ahead of a child's current level of thinking.
 c. In order to promote learning, teachers should provide materials with which students can make their own discoveries.
  d. Letting students make mistakes is OK, as cognitive development tends to occur when children become aware of errors in their own thinking.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Benayers

Answer to Question 1

The notion of storm and stress is a myth. Research shows that adolescents generally enjoy happy and satisfying relationships with their parents. Most teens love their parents and feel loved by them. And they embrace many of their parents' values and look to them for advice. In addition, most teens have relatively high levels of self-esteem across a variety of domains.

Answer to Question 2

a

asd123

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Excellent

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library