Author Question: Noel is sitting on his sofa one night, looking absolutely miserable. His wife asks if he is okay, ... (Read 51 times)

cookcarl

Noel is sitting on his sofa one night, looking absolutely miserable. His wife asks if he is okay, and he says, I am just so physically and mentally exhausted from work that I don't know what to do anymore. It has taken such an emotional toll on me that I don't even want to go in tomorrow.. Noel is suffering from ____.

a. marginalization
   b. disillusionment
  c. alienation
  d. burnout

Question 2

Margaret's grandfather gave her medical power of attorney and had very clear discussions with her about what he did and, importantly, did not want to happen as he died. Unfortunately, he was critically injured in an accident and placed on life support before family, including Margaret, could be notified. As her grandfather told her to do, Margaret brings copies of the legal documents related to his wishes and discusses them with the doctor, who tells her that her grandfather has no hope of survival without the use of a ventilator and medications designed to maintain his blood pressure. Even if he is kept alive, he is unlikely to regain consciousness. Margaret says that she believes that her grandfather would not want to be kept alive under these circumstances and asks that he be removed from life support. The doctor complies with her request, and her grandfather dies within minutes. This would best be described as

a. active euthanasia
  b. natural death
  c. passive euthanasia
  d. homicide

Tonyam972

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

c