This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Describe the difference between a solicited and an unsolicited cover letter. When should each be ... (Read 50 times)

daltonest1984

Describe the difference between a solicited and an unsolicited cover letter. When should each be sent? How should each be organized? Then write an opening paragraph for each type of cover letter.

Question 2

____ allow companies to engage employees online.
 A) Internets
  B) Voice messages
  C) Bulletin boards
  D) Intranets
  E) Podcast

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kishoreddi

• Your online Help in Biology and chemistry
Answer to Question 1

Solicited: A solicited cover letter is used if an employment position has been announced and applicants are being solicited. It should be written using the direct pattern.

Opening paragraph:

Your advertisement for a project manager, posted October 30 on your firm's website, immediately caught my attention because my education and training closely parallel your needs.

Unsolicited: An unsolicited cover letter is used if you do not know whether a position is open and if you are prospecting for a job. It should be written using an indirect pattern.

Opening paragraph:

Today's Washington Post reports that your firm plans to open a new branch in Reston, Virginia. It occurs to me that you will need highly motivated, experienced department managers. Here are four significant qualifications I have to offer:

Answer to Question 2

D

daltonest1984

Reply 2 on: Jun 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library