Author Question: Aimee has discovered a production problem that will cause this month's shipments to be a few days ... (Read 154 times)

Alainaaa8

Aimee has discovered a production problem that will cause this month's shipments to be a few days late. Because her Brazilian customers will need to know about this problem right away, Aimee should ________.
 A) write a letter
  B) send a memo
  C) send an e-mail message
  D) arrange for a face-to-face visit

Question 2

SCENARIO-BASED QUESTIONS Providing Evidence of Skills Jobs go to those who show that the skills and abilities they possess meet the needs of a company. Adequate details and support provide concrete evidence of skills. Revise the following statements to provide evidence of qualifications through concrete, specific details that show, not just tell, the audience about the skills. Invent additional details as needed. a. I have good problem-solving skills. b. I am a leader who cares about those I lead and can train and manage those I supervise. c. I served as a treasurer in my fraternity and showed organizational and leadership skills.

jliusyl

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

One of the keys is to provide concrete, specific examples and details that show and not just tell of a particular skill or attribute. When possible, support achievements with measurable, quantifiable data. For example, how large was the increase in sales, the reduction in costs, the percentage of increased productivity, and so forth.
a. I am a problem solver. For example, working for Bobby Miller at South Pier Distribution, we were experiencing problems with too many backorders. After studying the situation, I realized it was because the paperwork went through several unnecessary steps. I presented a proposal to Bobby that eliminated much of the paperwork, and we reduced backorders by 15 percent.
b. As an assistant manager at Fashion's First, I sought input from associates regarding concerns and issues. I acted on suggestions and implemented changes when appropriate. I have also trained associates in policies and procedures. Additionally, I have preserved good working relationship with my team even during difficult situations.
c. In my junior year of college, I served as a treasurer for Alpha Kappa Psi. Here, I managed an annual budget of 200,000. During that year, I also coordinated our yearly charitable fund-raising event where we raised over 8,000 for a local shelter for abused women. I successfully used my organizational and leadership skills to make the event a success.