This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements about headings is least accurate? A) Headings can help a reader ... (Read 131 times)

NClaborn

Which of the following statements about headings is least accurate?
 A) Headings can help a reader separate major ideas from details.
  B) Headings are used only in reports.
  C) Headings are an effective tool for highlighting information and improving readability.
  D) Headings can assist the writer by encouraging the grouping of similar information.

Question 2

When discussing with a representative of your audience, what are the questions to which you should seek answers?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mcabuhat

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

(i) Who is the audience and who requested the presentation?
General characteristics of the audience should be considered, as well as the extent of their knowledge and experience with the topic, attitude toward the topic and you as a credible speaker, anticipated response to the use of electronic media, and required or volunteer attendance.
(ii) Why is this topic important to the audience? What will the audience do with the information presented? How will the information benefit audience members?
(iii) What environmental factors affect the presentation?
(a) How many will be in the audience?
(b) Will I be the only speaker? If not, where does my presentation fit in the program? What time of day?
(c) How much time will I be permitted? Minimum? Maximum?
(d) What are the seating arrangements? How far will the audience be from the speaker? Will a microphone or other equipment be available?
(e) What are my technical requirements and will they be met at the presentation location?
(f) Will I have time to test my media before the presentation?
If not, how can I ensure that my presentation will go off without any problems or snags?
Answers to these questions reveal whether the speaking environment will be intimate or remote, whether the audience is likely to be receptive and alert or non-receptive and tired, and whether you will need to use additional motivational or persuasive techniques.

NClaborn

Reply 2 on: Jun 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library