Author Question: When a speaker's nonverbal cues contradict the verbal message, responding with statements like I'm ... (Read 94 times)

lak

When a speaker's nonverbal cues contradict the verbal message, responding with statements like I'm not sure I understand or Please tell me more about ... are ways to
 A) express disapproval
  B) reduce conflict
  C) probe for more information
  D) take control of the conversation

Question 2

Describe requests for information in the context of routine requests.

sultansheikh

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

Requests for information about people, prices, products, and services are common. Because these requests from customers and clients are door openers for future business, businesses accept them optimistically. At the same time, they arrive at an opinion about the sender based on the quality of a message. Follow the points in the deductive outline for preparing effective requests you are confident will be fulfilled.
A good routine request has the following features:
a. It states the request clearly.
b. It asks specific questions with necessary explanation and uses list for emphasis.
c. It expresses appreciation and alludes to benefits for quick action.
d. It opens door for personal dialogue by providing telephone number.