This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Jacob, an expert in traffic patterns requirements for increasing highway lanes, is presenting to the ... (Read 114 times)

mikaylakyoung

Jacob, an expert in traffic patterns requirements for increasing highway lanes, is presenting to the Tennessee Department of Transportation about the need for additional highway lanes between Nashville and Memphis. What would be an effective opening for his presentation?
 a. Thank you for having me today. I want to tell you why TDOT needs to increase the number of highway lanes between Nashville and Memphis to 12.
  b. I am glad to be here Isn't the weather in Tennessee wonderful today?
  c. How many of you have spent time on the Interstate 51 between Nashville and Memphis? Then you have seen what I am about to describe.
  d. All of the above would be equally effective.

Question 2

Which of the following definitions BEST describes a Web portal?
 a. A site, such as Netvibes, that has the ability to search and gives users entry to various Web services
  b. A small search engine, such as Blackle, that is powered by a larger one
  c. A search engine, such as Yippy, that compiles the search results of multiple search sites
  d. A search engine, such as Leapfish, that sorts search results into categories

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pami445

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

a

mikaylakyoung

Reply 2 on: Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library