Author Question: What are the three purposes of using supporting material? What are the six categories of verbal ... (Read 48 times)

Jipu 123

What are the three purposes of using supporting material? What are the six categories of verbal supporting materials and how do they work together, if at all?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Which of the following is a good example of a thesis statement for an informative speech?

A) After hearing my presentation, the audience will know more about the airline industry.
  B) My audience will realize that in the future artificial intelligence will make our lives easier, more fulfilling, and more fun.
  C) Although modern Germany is very much like the United States, German citizens' nonverbal communication differs in their greetings, social situations, and personal space.
  D) I will inform my audience about the components of organic farming.

shaquita

Answer to Question 1

Supporting materials are informative materials that serve as a foundation for assertions, ideas, or statements, with three purposes: They clarify, they prove, and they add interest. Common types of verbal supporting materials in business fall into six categories: Explanations, comparisons, illustrations, examples, statistics, and expert opinion. These six times often overlap and using more than one helps hold audience interest. Some support types clarify only; others clarify and prove.

Answer to Question 2

D