This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How can a communicator develop communication that focuses on the audience? A) By considering ... (Read 40 times)

deesands

How can a communicator develop communication that focuses on the audience?

A) By considering barriers that will prevent the audience from listening carefully
  B) By stressing personal interests and areas of knowledge
  C) By eliminating the need for questions
  D) By using the same method of connecting with each audience member
  E) By limiting the opportunity to discuss objections

Question 2

Which of the following statements regarding I language is true?

A) I language focuses on how you respond to or feel about the other person's behavior.
  B) I language is accusatory and assigns blame.
  C) I language is egotistical, and discourages dialogue with the other person.
  D) You shouldn't start a sentence with I, as this will make your audience think that you are egotistical.
  E) I language always discourages the audience.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

laurnthompson

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A
Explanation: A) Many speakers fail to connect with the audience's interests or knowledge about a topic and, as a result, the audience tunes out. To avoid this, the speaker should determining what barriers will prevent the audience from listening carefully.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A
Explanation: A) I language focuses on how you feel about the other person's behavior instead of assigning blame, and encourages dialogue with the other person. I isn't always good though, and you isn't always negative. Overuse of I can come across as egotistical.

deesands

Reply 2 on: Jun 23, 2018
:D TYSM

ttt030911

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library