Author Question: Bob N. Zing, the Director of Human Resources at CAP Co, Inc., has to write an internal message to ... (Read 68 times)

Zoey63294

Bob N. Zing, the Director of Human Resources at CAP Co, Inc., has to write an internal message to announce impending layoffs across the company.

Rather than addressing the layoffs directly, Bob decides to refer to them as restructuring operations and eliminating redundancies. In this case, these euphemisms
  A) reflect the standards of ethical information.
  B) convey the you attitude for delivering bad news.
  C) help employees understand the gravity of the situation.
  D) fail to meet the you attitude test and ethical information standards.
  E) place an emotional burden on the reader.

Question 2

To improve your audience sensitivity,

A) limit the use of the you attitude.
  B) use language that is biased towards the audience.
  C) tell the audience what type of response you need from them.
  D) liberally use terms such as I, me, mine, we, us and ours.
  E) maintain good standards of etiquette.

Chocorrol77

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D
Explanation: D) These euphemisms don't answer every employee's question, Am I going to lose my job? Therefore, they don't reflect a you attitude for employees, and they fail to meet the standards of ethical information.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: E
Explanation: E) You can improve your audience sensitivity by adopting the you attitude, maintaining good standards of etiquette, emphasizing the positive, and using bias-free language. On the simplest level, you can adopt the you attitude by replacing terms such as I, me, mine, we, us, and ours with you and yours.