Author Question: How to open a franchise business at 18 years old is it possible? (Read 1212 times)

geoffrey

I'm 18 years old, I don't really have money but there is this shopping center that just opened by my house and it is perfect for a GameStop or game store. I really want to open one up! I know it sounds silly but I'm really serious. Is this goal achievable? I know I need to learn a lot more about business and how it works. I'm a smart girl and I plan to figure some of it out this summer but is it even possible? I'm young and I know my business would be successful but am I in over my head? How would I even start my business? What is necessary to start a franchise? I'm going to college soon and just really want some advice.

Please give advice and opinions. Thanks

Yolanda

No way for GameStop since all GameStop stores are company owned.

In order to own any franchise or open your own store, you are going to need cash, a business plan and probably a loan.  lenders will not provide business loans to someone who does not have at least 25% of the cost to open the store in cash (you figure out the cost in the business plan - if you try to inflate the figures to get more money, they are experts and will know).

Also, most franchises want you to have a net worth of $200,000 or more in addition to your cash for the franchise.

And finally, you can't go to college full time and run a franchise or a successful business - this is a fulltime job (60 to 80 hours) and would leave you no time for classes and/or homework.

Go to college, get a business/entrepreneur degree and then think through what type of business you want, get the hands-on experience by working in the industry and then get your franchise when you are 30 - 35.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Sandstorm

Game Stops are company owned, not franchised.
To open a franchise you have to come with a money, to open a store similar to Game Stop you would need easily $100,000 and a bank loan for a $200,000+.

This goal is achievable in the long term but not the short term.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library