Author Question: The glass ceiling refers to ________. A) programs that help women climb the corporate ladder B) ... (Read 76 times)

FButt

The glass ceiling refers to ________.

A) programs that help women climb the corporate ladder
  B) women's placement in staff positions that are on the career track to the top
  C) trends that indicate women's bias toward other women at the workplace
  D) attitudinalworkplac e obstacles faced by women

Question 2

Love is perhaps the most overused word in the English language. Explain.

What will be an ideal response?

peilian

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

Today, love is perhaps the most overused four-letter word in the English language. I love buttered movie popcorn. I love the sound of a newborn baby's cry. I love spring. I love the prairie. I really love collegiate football. I love my husband and my children, and my family and friends. I love teaching. This crazy little thing called love has been assigned over 20 definitions in the dictionary, as well as in the thesaurus, and includes such descriptions as:
 feeling affection for
 adoration
 worship
 devotion
 fondness
 passion
 feeling a weakness for
A problem with the dictionary and thesaurus definitions still remains, though. As you can see, we can have a weakness for pizza; we can be fond of pizza; we may even be devoted to or adore pizza In today's society, we tend use the word love when we really mean we prefer something or enjoy something or like to be in someone's company.