This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What type of error occurs if you fail to reject H0 when, in fact, it is not true? a. Type II b. ... (Read 31 times)

penguins

What type of error occurs if you fail to reject H0 when, in fact, it is not true?
 a. Type II
  b. Type I
  c. either Type I or Type II, depending on the level of significance
  d. either Type I or Type II, depending on whether the test is one tail or two tail

Question 2

The makers of a soft drink want to identify the average age of its consumers. A sample of 55 consumers was taken. The average age in the sample was 21 years with a standard deviation of 4 years.
 a. Construct a 95 confidence interval for the true average age of the consumers.
  b. Construct an 80 confidence interval for the true average age of the consumers.
  c. Discuss why the 95 and 80 confidence intervals are different.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mk6555

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

a. 19.92 to 22.08
b. 20.30 to 21.70
c. As the level of confidence decreases, the confidence interval gets narrower.

penguins

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library