This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Let X represent the amount of time till the next student will arrive in the library parking lot at ... (Read 38 times)

dalyningkenk

Let X represent the amount of time till the next student will arrive in the library parking lot at the university. If we know that the distribution of arrival time can be modeled using an exponential distribution with a mean of 4 minutes (i.e. the mean number of arrivals is 1/4 per minute), find the probability that it will take between 2 and 12 minutes for the next student to arrive at the library parking lot.

A) 0.049787 B) 0.606531 C) 0.656318 D) 0.556744

Question 2

Let X represent the amount of time until the next student will arrive in the library parking lot at the university. If we know that the distribution of arrival time can be modeled using an exponential distribution with a mean of 4 minutes (i.e. the mean number of arrivals is 1/4 per minute), find the probability that it will take more than 10 minutes for the next student to arrive at the library parking lot.

A) 0.329680 B) 0.917915 C) 0.082085 D) 0.670320

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Shshxj

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C

dalyningkenk

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
Gracias!

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library