This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What is meant by the terms Type I and Type II statistical error? What will be an ideal ... (Read 57 times)

Haya94

What is meant by the terms Type I and Type II statistical error?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Arrivals to a bank automated teller machine (ATM) are distributed according to a Poisson distribution with a mean equal to three per 15 minutes.Determine the probability that in a given 15-minute segment no customers will arrive at the ATM.

A) 0.0124
  B) 0.0281
  C) 0.0314
  D) 0.0498

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Liamb2179

Answer to Question 1

When a null hypothesis is tested using sample information, it is expected that sampling error will exist. It is possible that the sampling error will lead to an error in the conclusion that is reached with respect to the null hypothesis. For example, if the null hypothesis is true, extreme sampling error will push the test statistic into the rejection region. Rejecting a true null hypothesis is called a Type I error. Also, if the null hypothesis is false, the sample data may be such that we do not reject the null hypothesis. Accepting a false null hypothesis is referred to as a Type II error.

Answer to Question 2

D

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
Excellent

patma1981

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library