This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Does a union have the general democratic right to favor loyal members and disfavor disloyal members ... (Read 64 times)

fox

Does a union have the general democratic right to favor loyal members and disfavor disloyal members when negotiating collective bargaining agreements with an employer?

Question 2

Ted's wallet is as empty as his bank account, and he needs 3500 immediately. Fortunately, he has three gold coins that he inherited from his grandfather. Each is worth 2500, but it is Sunday, and the local rare coins store is closed. When approached, Ted's neighbor Andrea agrees to buy the first coin for 2300 . Another neighbor, Cami, agrees to buy the second for 1100 . A final neighbor, Lorne, offers all the money I have on me - 100  for the last coin. Desperate, Ted agrees to the proposal. Which of the deals is supported by consideration?
 a. Ted's agreement with Andrea, only
  b. Ted's agreements with Andrea and Cami, only
  c. All three of the agreements
  d. None of the agreements

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ngr69

Answer to Question 1

No. It is well settled that a union does not have the right to prefer one group over another based on loyalty to the union. When negotiating a collective bargaining agreement, the union has a continuing duty of good faith and fair dealing with all of its members.

Answer to Question 2

.C

fox

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library