This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Summarize the facts and procedural background of the case.[br][br][b][color=#165FFA]Question ... (Read 84 times)

TVarnum

Summarize the facts and procedural background of the case.

Question 2

Consider the following: I. Madison says to a group of students, I'll pay 35 to the first one of you who shows up at my house and mows my lawn. II. Lea posts a flyer around town that reads, Reward: 500 for information about the person who keyed my truck last Saturday night in the Wag-a-Bag parking lot. Call Lea at 555-5309. Which of these proposes a unilateral contract?
 a. I only
  b. II only
  c. Both I and II
  d. None of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Bsand8

Answer to Question 1

Lonnie Bedell testified that in April 1986, he observed Joanne DeGrosa sobbing in the company parking lot. DeGrosa told Bedell that she had been sexually harassed by two managers. Bedell complained to a shop steward. DeGrosa was fired three months later, and Bedell accompanied her to the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights and also filed an affidavit on her behalf with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Bedell testified that shortly thereafter he was given more onerous work assignments. In January 1988, Bedell filed his own complaint with the EEOC complaining that he was the victim of retaliation for having assisted DeGrosa in her protest of sexual harassment. Bedell was fired February 3, 1988, for defying a direct order and assaulting a supervisor.
An arbitrator ruled that the supervisor was in reasonable fear of imminent hostile touching or bodily injury especially when viewed in light of the loud and angry words used by the grievant. The supervisor weighed 260 pounds, was 20 years younger than Bedell, and was a judo and karate champion. Bedell weighed 170 pounds. The supervisor testified that he feared bodily injury because of rumors that Bedell carried a gun. The issue before the arbitrator was limited to whether there was just cause for Bedell's discharge under the collective bargaining agreement. Bedell's lawyer stated that he did not intend to raise any issue dealing with Bedell's charges filed with EEOC.
Bedell then filed charges with NLRB. The agency held that Bedell was fired in retaliation for his support of DeGrosa's sexual harassment claim. It specifically found that the allegations that Bedell committed an assault were not credible. It directed Yellow Freight to reinstate Bedell with back pay and seniority and to remove from the personnel file any reference to the discharge.

Answer to Question 2

.C

TVarnum

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mcarey591

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library