This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In case of an FLSA violation, employees may file suit to recover back wages and overtime plus ... (Read 37 times)

imanialler

In case of an FLSA violation, employees may file suit to recover back wages and overtime plus liquidated damages:
 A) for an equal amount.
 B) at half the amount.
 C) at double the amount.
 D) at one-and-half times the amount.

Question 2

In Blimka v. My Web Wholesalers an Idaho resident, Blimka, ordered a large quantity of jeans from My Web, a Maine company that advertised its goods on the Internet. When a dispute arose over the quality of the jeans, Blimka sued My Web in Idaho state court. My Web contended the Idaho court did not have jurisdiction. The Idaho high court held that:
 a. due to diversity of citizenship, the case had to be transferred to federal court in Idaho
  b. because the Maine company did business electronically, not physically, in Idaho, it was not subject to the jurisdiction of Idaho courts
  c. Due Process was violated by forcing a Maine defendant to appear in Idaho court
  d. because the Maine company did business, electronically, in Idaho, it was subject to the jurisdiction of Idaho courts
  e. due to diversity of citizenship, the case had to be transferred to federal court in Maine