This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: On Monday, Sam's Computer Company wires Bob's Computer Mart, I have two IBM XT's for sale for 1700 ... (Read 45 times)

Chelseaamend

On Monday, Sam's Computer Company wires Bob's Computer Mart, I have two IBM XT's for sale for 1700 each. You pay cost of shipping. Bob received the offer on Monday afternoon and wired back, You have a deal. 30 days same as cash. On Tuesday morning Sam called to revoke the offer. On Tuesday afternoon Sam received the wire. Sam says there is no contract and Bob says there is. Who is correct?

Question 2

Russ Belmont is a staff accountant at a bank in the downtown Phoenix area. Belmont commutes to the bank each day from his suburban home in Mesa - a distance of 19 miles each way. Belmont's working hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and he commutes from 7:15 AM until he reaches the bank's parking garage between 7:45 and 8:00 (depending upon the traffic). If Russ is in an accident while on the freeway at 7:30 AM:
 A) the bank will be liable for any injuries to third parties.
 B) the bank will not be liable for any injuries to third parties.
 C) Belmont is an independent contractor and the bank will have no liability for injuries or damages in the accident.
 D) None of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TINA

Answer to Question 1

Mailbox rule applies. There was a contract on Monday afternoon when the wire was sent. Between the two merchants, the 30 days additional terms will become part of the contract.

Answer to Question 2

B

Chelseaamend

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
Gracias!

flexer1n1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library