This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: John and Mary Rose Tessler have had their home taken in foreclosure. They owe 92,000 on their ... (Read 67 times)

futuristic

John and Mary Rose Tessler have had their home taken in foreclosure. They owe 92,000 on their original mortgage and 8,000 on their second mortgage. A contractor they hired to add on a screened porch is owed 2,000, and the contractor has filed a lien. The lender has spent 4,000 in bringing the foreclosure suit. The sale at foreclosure brings 99,000. How much would the contractor receive?
 A)0
 B)500
 C)2,000
 D)4,000

Question 2

To my niece, Sally, on the condition that liquor never be served on the premises, and should liquor ever be served, I reserve the right to re-enter and take possession of and title to the property. Sally holds the interest of:
 A) A life estate.
 B) An estate for years.
 C) A fee simple subject to a condition subsequent.
 D) A fee simple determinable.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

todom5090

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C

futuristic

Reply 2 on: Jun 24, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library