This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Alice Long had her home built by Talman Developers. After closing, and upon moving into the house, ... (Read 90 times)

newbem

Alice Long had her home built by Talman Developers. After closing, and upon moving into the house, Alice is troubled by an odd smell. A property inspector concludes that Talman used Chinese drywall in the home, a drywall that contains formaldehyde - a substance that begins to emit odors in warm, humid climates (such as Florida where Alice lives). Which of the following describes Alice's rights?
 A)Alice can recover from Talman for the repair of the problem because it was a breach of the warranty of habitability.
 B)Alice will have to recover for her damages from the dry wall installer or the Chinese manufacturer.
 C)Alice has no remedy because she has already closed on the house.
 D)If Talman had an AS IS clause in its contract, it is not liable to Alice.

Question 2

Which of the following is an unconditional promise to pay? I will pay you :
 A) on the earlier of March 1 or the day I sell my car.
 B) in two weeks if the goods are not defective.
 C) upon the terms negotiated in the purchase agreement.
 D) whenever I have sufficient funds in my account.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pocatato

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library