Author Question: Jack mails an offer to Joan that states, I offer to sell you my car for 2000. If I don't hear from ... (Read 52 times)

lbcchick

Jack mails an offer to Joan that states, I offer to sell you my car for 2000. If I don't hear from you in 10 days, I will assume you are willing to buy the car for the stated price. Jack hears nothing by the deadline and assumes he has a deal. What is the result?
 A) Jack has a deal. His offer was intended and contains definite terms.
 B) Jack has a deal. Joan should have responded saying she is not interested in the car if she didn't want to be bound to the offer.
 C) Joan is not bound. Generally an offeree must say or do something to accept an offer.
 D) Joan is not bound. Ten days is not a reasonable amount of time to consider the offer and accept by mail.

Question 2

Wally owns 200 acres of land. Wally offers to sell the land to Robert for 1,500 per acre. Robert replies that he does not need 200 acres of land but would like to buy 40 acres at 1,500 per acre. Wally agrees to sell but does not identify which 40 acres. Later, Wally refuses to sell any land to Robert. What is the result?
 A) Robert wins; this is an enforceable contract with complete and definite terms.
 B) Robert wins; the UCC will decide which 40 acres are to be sold.
 C) Wally wins; the original offer was not intended to be an offer but merely an invitation to negotiate.
 D) Wally wins; this agreement is too indefinite since it does not identify which 40 acres are to be sold.

janieazgirl

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D