This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements by a client of a cancer center who has a new diagnosis of ... (Read 23 times)

imowrer

Which of the following statements by a client of a cancer center who has a new diagnosis of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) demonstrates a sound understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of the health problem?

A)
  They confirmed my diagnosis with a lymph node biopsy, and I'll get radiation treatment soon because it's fairly early stage.
  B)
  They took a sample of my lymph nodes, and I'll be having surgery soon that will hopefully cure my lymphoma.
  C)
  My blood work came back positive for NHL, and I'm meeting with my oncologist to discuss chemotherapy soon.
  D)
  Since the tests show NHL, I'm going to pursue my options for palliative care because I'm committed to dying with dignity.

Question 2

A 13-year-old African American boy comes to the ER complaining of fatigue and a rapid heartbeat. In conversation with the father, it becomes apparent to you that the boy has grown 2 inches in the previous 5 months.

What is the first problem the health care team would attempt to rule out?
  A)
  Sickle cell anemia
  B)
  Iron deficiency anemia
  C)
  Thalassemia
  D)
  Aplastic anemia

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

katara

Answer to Question 1

Ans:
A

Lymph node biopsy is often used to provide a diagnosis of NHL, and radiation is a common treatment, especially in early stages of the disease. Surgery is not a noted treatment modality, and while blood work may help with staging, it is not a common source of a confirming diagnosis. Treatment options do exist, and palliative care would be premature.

Answer to Question 2

Ans:
B

Although each of the above answers is associated with fatigue and rapid heartbeat, male adolescents are particularly susceptible to iron deficiency anemia. They have high iron requirements because of growth spurts and dietary deficiencies.

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library