This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 4-month-old infant and his mother are at an appointment with a pediatrician to follow up his ... (Read 63 times)

pepyto

A 4-month-old infant and his mother are at an appointment with a pediatrician to follow up his nonaccommodative strabismus and to determine a treatment plan. Which of the following treatments is most likely to prevent future loss of vision?

A)
  Prescribing glasses once the infant is 6 months of age
  B)
  Use of beta-adrenergic blockers and latanoprost eye drops
  C)
  Regularly scheduled eye exams and monitoring of self-correction of his eyes
  D)
  Surgical correction of the musculature

Question 2

A geriatrician is assessing an 84-year-old male recently admitted to a subacute medical unit of a hospital for rehabilitation following a recent fall resulting in a hip contusion.

Which of the following aspects of the client's sleep history would the physician want to follow up with education? Select all that apply.
  A)
  I make sure that I take a long nap each afternoon to compensate for my frequent waking at night.
  B)
  I've got a bottle of diazepam at home, but I only take them once or twice a month.
  C)
  I try my best to get out for a walk after breakfast or after supper.
  D)
  I make it a rule not to drink any alcohol in the evening.
  E)
  Once my head hits the pillow, I am fast asleep.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tanna.moeller

Answer to Question 1

Ans:
D

Strabismus is ideally treated by surgery rather than with glasses in the case of infants. The condition will not resolve independently, and medications are unlikely to help the condition.

Answer to Question 2

Ans:
A, B

Daytime sleeping can interfere with the normal sleep-wake cycle. Diazepam is a long-acting benzodiazepine, and occasional use is acceptable. However, excessive use could lead to falls. Moderate exercise not performed before bedtime can help with insomnia. Alcohol can inhibit sleep in the elderly.

pepyto

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

Jsherida

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library