This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The physician knows the client G1P0 has correctly understood the prenatal education regarding ... (Read 18 times)

deesands

The physician knows the client G1P0 has correctly understood the prenatal education regarding sexually transmitted infection as evidenced by which of the following statements listed below?

A)
  Gonorrhea and chlamydia out of the various infectious agents pose the greatest risks of transmission from mother to child.
  B)
  I know that my baby will need observation for HIV signs and symptoms in the weeks following my delivery.
  C)
  My baby could become infected either across the placenta or during the birth itself.
  D)
  If I receive prophylactic immunization, I will reduce my baby's chance of being born with an illness.

Question 2

The physician suspects that a patient under a lot of stress (stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system) is experiencing stress-induced release of vasopressin.

Knowing the effects of an activated renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS), the nurse should be assessing the patient for which primary nursing diagnosis?
  A)
  Fluid volume excess related to retention of water in the body
  B)
  Decreased cardiac output related to positional low blood pressure
  C)
  Electrolyte imbalance related to retention of potassium
  D)
  Nutritional imbalance related to vomiting and diarrhea

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Liamb2179

Answer to Question 1

Ans:
C

Vertical transmission may occur across the placenta in utero or during the birth event itself. Cytomegalovirus and HIV infections are the most common congenital infections. HIV signs and symptoms are not immediately apparent in the infant. Prophylactic immunization is not noted as a proven intervention for preventing vertical transmission.

Answer to Question 2

Ans:
A

Activation of the RAAS results in an increase in vascular tone (elevation of BP) and renal retention of sodium and water. These changes contribute to the physiologic changes that occur with the stress response.

deesands

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

tkempin

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library