This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: According to the Satir growth model, there are five communication strategies for survival. Which of ... (Read 74 times)

jon_i

According to the Satir growth model, there are five communication strategies for survival. Which of the following suggestions would be best for a therapist working with clients who have adapted the placator stance or role?

A) Encourage the client to take a firm stance from the onset of therapy.
  B) Use less directive therapy methods, such as multiple choice questions and open-ended reflections, to require them to voice their opinion and take a stand.
  C) Use therapeutic techniques, such as reflecting, to highlight hidden emotions.
  D) Applaud the placator; after all, they can be the easiest people to get along with.

Question 2

The Satir growth model focuses mostly on which of the following?

A) Fostering individual growth and improving family interactions
  B) Reframing the problem in a completely positive light
  C) Creating a sense of safety for interpersonal learning
  D) Realigning the patterns and alliances to which the family has adhered

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

debra928

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library