This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: R.K. has no further episodes of chest pain, and she is discharged to home the next day. She is to ... (Read 91 times)

Yolanda

R.K. has no further episodes of chest pain, and she is discharged to home the next day. She is to see a cardiologist this week and set up an appointment for outpatient testing. As you present the discharge instructions, you review the proper technique for

Which statement by R.K. indicates that further teaching is needed?
  a. At the first sign of chest discomfort, I will stop what I'm doing and sit down.
  b. I will place one nitroglycerin tablet under my tongue.
  c. If the chest pain does not stop, I can take another tablet in 5 minutes.
  d. My husband will need to call 911 if the chest pain does not stop after three nitroglycerin
  tablets.

Question 2

R.K.'s husband is upset. He tells you they have been married for 62 years and he doesn't know what he would do without his wife. One way to help people deal with their anxieties is to help them focus on concrete issues.

What information would be useful to get from him? What other health care professional
  might be able to help with some of these issues?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mistyjohnson

Answer to Question 1

Answer: d
Current guidelines state that if chest discomfort or pain is unimproved or worsening 5 minutes
after one nitroglycerin dose has been taken, then the patient or family member needs to access the
emergency medical system (EMS) immediately.

Answer to Question 2

Support systems: Do they have any relatives or resources, such as a church, that can help them
with things such as meals, shopping, and housekeeping?
 What is their economic status? Can they afford any long-term help or medications she might need?
 A social worker might be able to help them access community resources and make appropriate
referrals.
 Spiritual support: Do they have a minister to call, or would Mr. K. like to have the hospital chaplain
visit him?

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library