This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: L.J. is placed on 72-hour bed rest with bathroom privileges and given acetaminophen (Tylenol) for ... (Read 82 times)

Hungry!

L.J. is placed on 72-hour bed rest with bathroom privileges and given acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain. The physician writes orders for enoxaparin (Lovenox) injections.

L.J. asks, Why do I have to get these shots? Why can't I just get a Coumadin pill to thin my
  blood? What would be your response?

a. Good idea I will call to ask the physician to switch medications.
  b. It would take the Coumadin pills several days to be effective.
  c. Your physician prefers the injections over the pills.
  d. The enoxaparin will work to dissolve the blood clot in your leg.

Question 2

You review the literature for DVT and see the abbreviation VTE.

What does VTE mean?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

srodz

Answer to Question 1

Answer: b
Enoxaparin takes 3 to 5 hours to reach maximum antithrombotic activity; warfarin (Coumadin)
takes 12 to 24 hours for onset and peaks in 112 to 4 days. It takes several days for warfarin to reach
effective anticoagulation level.

Answer to Question 2

VTE is the abbreviation for venous thromboembolism and is the general term used to describe the
disease process venous thromboembolism, which includes DVT and pulmonary embolus (PE).

Hungry!

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

raili21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library