This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Six weeks after you start working with B.T., he admits that he has been under a lot of stress. He is ... (Read 15 times)

Pineapplelove6

Six weeks after you start working with B.T., he admits that he has been under a lot of stress. He is walking on the treadmill and rubs his chest and says, It feels really heavy on my chest right now.

You feel his pulse and note that his skin is slightly diaphoretic and that he is agitated and appears to be anxious.

What is the first action you are going to do? What other information will you obtain?
  Explain.

Question 2

B.T.'s wife takes you aside and tells you, I'm so worried for B. I grew up in a really dysfunctional family where there was a lot of violence.

B. has been so good to the kids and me. I'm so worried I'll lose him that I have nightmares about his heart stopping. I find myself suddenly waking up at night just to see if he's breathing. How are you going to respond?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tandmlomax84

Answer to Question 1

Have B.T. stop any activity and sit or lie down because you want to decrease the workload on his
heart and decrease his body's need for oxygen. You will also check his vital signs and ask whether he
has any SL NTG tablets with him.

Answer to Question 2

Thank her for sharing with you. Acknowledge that heart disease in a loved one can be a very frightening thing.
 Suggest that she practice stress-relaxation techniques with him.
 Ask whether she would like to talk to someone about her anxiety.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library