Author Question: You take M.P.'s BP and get 134/82 mm Hg. She asks whether these BP readings are okay. On what do ... (Read 9 times)

Pineappleeh

You take M.P.'s BP and get 134/82 mm Hg. She asks whether these BP readings are okay.

On what do you base your response?

Question 2

After the teaching session, which statement by M.P. indicates a need for further instructions?

a. I need to rise up slowly when I get out of bed or out of a chair.
  b. I will leave the salt shaker off the table and not salt my food when I cook.
  c. It's okay to skip a few doses if I am feeling bad as long as it's just for a few days.
  d. I will call if I feel very dizzy, weak, or short of breath while on this medicine.

al

Answer to Question 1

Compare these readings with the national standards and the goal to which you both agreed.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: c
Skipping doses is not recommended because it can result in severe rebound hypertension. If she
has questions about taking the drug or wants to stop taking it, she needs to contact her physician
immediately.