Author Question: After the teaching session, which statement by M.G. indicates a need for further education? a. I ... (Read 47 times)

tnt_battle

After the teaching session, which statement by M.G. indicates a need for further education?

a. I will weigh myself daily and tell the doctor at my next visit if I am gaining weight.
  b. I will not add salt when I am cooking.
  c. I will try to take a short walk around the block with my husband three times a week.
  d. I will use a pill calendar box to remind me to take my medicine.

Question 2

M.G. is ready for discharge. According to the mnemonic MAWDS,

what key management concepts should be taught to prevent relapse and another admission?

sylvia

Answer to Question 1

Answer: a
If she notices a weight gain, she needs to notify her physician right away, not at the next office
visit. This is what brought her back to the hospital in the first place

Answer to Question 2

The most essential aspect of teaching hospitalized patients is to focus on realistic key points.
Teaching should be aimed at successful communication of data to improve symptoms and prevent
readmission, without overwhelming the learner. The five most essential concepts for patients with
HF are included in MAWDS instructions.
Medications: Take as directed, do not skip a dose, and do not run out of medications.
Activity: Stay as active as you can while limiting your symptoms.
Weight: Weigh every morning. Call if you gain or lose 2 pounds overnight or are 5 pounds from your
target weight.
Diet: Follow a low-salt diet, and limit fluids to less than 2 quarts or liters per day.
Symptoms: Know what symptoms to report to your provider; report early to prevent readmission.