This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The alcoholic patient says to the nurse, I am not an alcoholic. I can quit any time I want to. The ... (Read 41 times)

laurencescou

The alcoholic patient says to the nurse, I am not an alcoholic. I can quit any time I want to. The nurse recognizes that the patient is using which defense mechanism?

a. Repression
  b. Denial
  c. Rationalization
  d. Intellectualization

Question 2

The nurse takes into consideration that it is estimated that _____ of the population will have some form of anxiety disorder.

Fill in the blanks with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stano32

Answer to Question 1

B
Denial is ignoring reality in spite of hard evidence. Denial is a mechanism frequently used by substance abusers. Repression refers to unconsciously blocking an unwanted thought or memory from open expression. Rationalization attempts to justify a behavior or action by making an excuse or an explanation. Intellectualization is the excessive reasoning and logic to counter emo-tional distress.

Answer to Question 2

twenty-five

One person out of four will have symptoms of an anxiety disorder in his or her lifetime.

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library