This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A tumor of the pituitary has caused the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone ... (Read 70 times)

craiczarry

A tumor of the pituitary has caused the syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH). Which interventions should the nurse plan? (select all that apply.)

a. Assist with activities of daily living.
  b. Record accurate urine.
  c. Weigh the patient daily.
  d. Assess for changes in level of conscious-ness.
  e. Assess stools for occult blood.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient and during the assessment, observes a full-thickness 2 cm  1 cm skin tear on the right buttock. How should the nurse stage this pressure ulcer?

a. Category I
  b. Category II
  c. Category III
  d. Category IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peilian

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C, D
The nurse should assist with activities of daily living because of weakness, record accurate urine output because of oliguria, weigh the patient daily to assess fluid volume status, and assess for changes in level of consciousness. There is no overt threat of a GI bleed with SIADH, so assess-ing stools for occult blood is not indicated.

Answer to Question 2

C
Category III skin tears have complete tissue loss in which the epidermal flap is missing. Category I skin tears do not have tissue loss. Category II skin tears reflect a partial tissue loss. There is no Category IV.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library