This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse provides discharge teaching about antibiotic therapy. Which statement indicates that the ... (Read 76 times)

ssal

The nurse provides discharge teaching about antibiotic therapy. Which statement indicates that the patient requires additional teaching?

a. I should wait 3 days after my symptoms resolve before stopping my antibiotic.
  b. I should try to take my medication as evenly spaced apart as possible.
  c. If I start feeling worse, I should call my health care provider.
  d. I should not share my medication with anyone.

Question 2

The nurse is aware that the patient is in respiratory failure when the blood gas findings contain which values?

a. PaO2 46 mm Hg; PaCO2 52 mm Hg
  b. PaO2 50 mm Hg; PaCO2 45 mm Hg
  c. PaO2 52 mm Hg; PaCO2 42 mm Hg
  d. PaO2 55 mm Hg; PaCO2 58 mm Hg

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pami445

Answer to Question 1

A
The antibiotic should be taken until it is completely gone in order to ensure the infection has been adequately treated. Antibiotics are more effective if spaced evenly apart when taken. The patient should continue to improve if therapy is effective, so the health care provider should be notified if symptoms are not improving. Patients should never share any type of prescribed medication.

Answer to Question 2

A
Respiratory failure is defined by ABGs: arterial oxygen (PaO2) is below 50 mm Hg and partial pressure of carbon dioxide (PaCO2) is equal to or greater than 50 mm Hg.

ssal

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

bitingbit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library