Author Question: The student nurse is planning a community group presentation on hypertension. Which group of ... (Read 31 times)

Awilson837

The student nurse is planning a community group presentation on hypertension. Which group of individuals should the student identify as having the highest incidence of hypertension?

a. Muslims
  b. African Americans
  c. Whites
  d. Latinos

Question 2

A patient is scheduled to undergo a cystogram. Which statement indicates that the patient accurately understands the nurse's teaching about prevention of potential complications of the test?

a. I can have a clear liquid breakfast in the morning before the test.
  b. I will have to have a Foley catheter.
  c. The test uses radioactive fluid to help take special images of my bladder.
  d. I should drink plenty of fluids after the test is over.

BAOCHAU2803

Answer to Question 1

B
African Americans have a higher incidence of hypertension than any other minority group or whites.

Answer to Question 2

D
A radionuclide cystogram utilizes a sodium iodine solution to obtain images of the bladder. The patient should increase intake postprocedure to flush the solution out of the body quickly to limit potential for damage from the hypertonic solution. While the patient is allowed to have a clear breakfast the morning prior to the test and will require a Foley catheter during the procedure, neither of these actions prevent complications from the test. An understanding of the purpose of the test does not prevent potential complications from the procedure.