Author Question: Which responses indicate to the nurse that the patient understands preoperative teaching? (Select ... (Read 31 times)

Redwolflake15

Which responses indicate to the nurse that the patient understands preoperative teaching? (Select all that apply.)

a. I will need to sign a consent form before I am given my medications prior to my surgery.
  b. The surgeon will want me to ambulate as soon as possible after my surgery.
  c. My nurse will want me to take the deep-est breaths I can tolerate following my surgery.
  d. I may experience some constipation if I am taking much pain medication after my surgery.
  e. The general anesthesia will prevent me from having pain for the first 24 hours after surgery.

Question 2

Which organ(s) compose the lymphatic system? (Select all that apply.)

a. Thymus
  b. Lymph nodes
  c. Kidneys
  d. Spleen
  e. Tonsils

Kedrick2014

Answer to Question 1

A, B, C, D
Consent forms must be signed before preoperative pain medications are administered; early am-bulation is common with most surgeries; deep breaths prevent postoperative respiratory compli-cations; and constipation is common with the use of narcotic analgesics. General anesthesia does not prevent pain 24 hours after surgery, so this statement demonstrates the need for further preo-perative teaching.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, D
The lymphatic system consists of the thymus gland, lymph nodes, lymph channels, the spleen, and the thymus gland (see Chapter 10). The tonsils and kidneys are not considered a part of the lymphatic system.