Author Question: The nurse reinforces the information given by the physician that endarterectomy as an interven-tion ... (Read 17 times)

Bob-Dole

The nurse reinforces the information given by the physician that endarterectomy as an interven-tion for stroke prevention is reserved for people who have carotid obstruction of greater than what percentage?

a. 30
  b. 40
  c. 50
  d. 60

Question 2

Which patient statement indicates a need for further instruction about the emotional preparation for surgery?

a. I'm going to hug my surgeon tomorrow.
  b. My fate is in the hands of my surgeon. I'm frightened about the outcome.
  c. I'll be ready for a cheeseburger when I get back.
  d. I know I may have some pain, but this gallbladder will be gone when I wake up.

vseab

Answer to Question 1

D
Endarterectomy is reserved for people with carotid obstruction of more than 60.

Answer to Question 2

B
This response demonstrates the patient's fear and insecurity, which warrant further discussion. Providing additional information or answering patient questions may help alleviate the patient's emotional unpreparedness for surgery. The plan for a cheeseburger indicates a potential need to further review nutrition in the postoperative period. The other responses demonstrate positive statements regarding the upcoming postsurgical period.