This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is explaining differences in a therapeutic relationship and a social relationship to a ... (Read 52 times)

jayhills49

The nurse is explaining differences in a therapeutic relationship and a social relationship to a patient. Which information about therapeutic relationships is most important for the nurse to in-clude in the explanation?

a. Therapeutic relationships lack formal boundaries.
  b. Therapeutic relationships are goal directed.
  c. Therapeutic relationships meet the needs of each person in the relationship.
  d. Therapeutic relationships extend past the hospitalization period.

Question 2

A patient furiously says, My doctor was so busy giving me instructions that he didn't hear what I was trying to ask him Which response is most empathetic?

a. When people ignore me, I really get mad.
  b. I'm sure that the doctor was rushed and unaware of your needs.
  c. I'll bet that made you feel very fru-strated.
  d. Take a deep breath and plan what you will say to him tomorrow.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wuly

Answer to Question 1

B
The therapeutic relationship is focused on the patient and is goal directed and designed to meet only the needs of the patient and does not extend past the period of hospitalization.

Answer to Question 2

C
Empathy demonstrates that the nurse perceives the patient's feelings but does not share the emo-tion. Belittling the patient's feelings, showing sympathy, or defending the doctor makes the pa-tient feel devalued.

jayhills49

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

dyrone

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library