Author Question: According to most state NPAs, the vocational nurse acting as charge nurse in a long-term care ... (Read 25 times)

anjilletteb

According to most state NPAs, the vocational nurse acting as charge nurse in a long-term care facility acts in which capacity?

a. Working under direct supervision of an RN on the unit
  b. Working with the RN in the building
  c. Working under general supervision by the RN available on site or by phone
  d. Working as an independent vocational nurse

Question 2

Which patient statement indicates a need for further discharge teaching that the vocational nurse should address?

a. I have no idea of how this drug will af-fect me.
  b. Do you know if my physician is coming back today?
  c. Will my insurance pay for my stay?
  d. Am I going to have to go to a nursing home?

maaaaaaaaaa

Answer to Question 1

C
The vocational nurse in the capacity of the charge nurse in a long-term care facility acts with the general supervision of an RN available on site or by phone.

Answer to Question 2

A
Lack of knowledge at discharge about medication effects and side effects is a concern that should be addressed by the vocational nurse. The other concerns in the options are the responsi-bility of other departments to which the nurse might refer the patient.