This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: At which age is it appropriate for the nurse to directly question a child with suspicions of sexual ... (Read 20 times)

casperchen82

At which age is it appropriate for the nurse to directly question a child with suspicions of sexual abuse?

1) 12 months
  2) 18 months
  3) 24 months
  4) 30 months

Question 2

The nurse is conducting a physical assessment for a child who presents with burns to the lower extremities. The parent states, I didn't realize the water was so hot.

Which item found in the child's health history causes the nurse to consider physical abuse?
  1) The child who states, My mommy lifted me out of the tub as soon as I cried.
  2) Appropriate height and weight for age.
  3) Several emergency department visits to treat cuts, bruises, and fractures.
  4) Laboratory reports suggest diabetes mellitus.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ahnyah

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3

casperchen82

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library