This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Complete the following ECG criteria for third-degree AV block: Rhythm ... (Read 54 times)

DyllonKazuo

Complete the following ECG criteria for third-degree AV block:

Rhythm ___________________ ___________________ __
  Rate ___________________ ___________________ __
  P waves ___________________ ___________________ __
  PR interval ___________________ ___________________ __
  QRS duration ___________________ ___________________ __

Fill in the blanks with correct word

Question 2

The point where the QRS complex and ST segment meet is called the ST junction or the J point.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lauravaras

Answer to Question 1

Rhythm Ventricular regular; atrial regular (Ps plot through); no relationship between the atrial and ventricular rhythms (i.e., AV dissociation is present).
Rate The ventricular rate is determined by the origin of the escape rhythm; the atrial rate is greater than (and independent of) the ventricular rate; ventricular rate is determined by the origin of the escape rhythm.
P waves Normal in size and shape; some P waves are not followed by a QRS complex (i.e., more Ps than QRSs).
PR interval None. The atria and the ventricles beat independently of each other; therefore there is no true PR interval.
QRS duration Narrow or wide, depending on the location of the escape pacemaker and the condition of the intraventricular conduction system.

Answer to Question 2

T
The point where the QRS complex and the ST segment meet is called the ST junction or the J point. The ST segment is considered elevated if the segment is deviated above the baseline and is considered depressed if the segment deviates below it.

DyllonKazuo

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library