This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is experiencing symptoms associated with distributive shock. What types of shock are ... (Read 83 times)

JGIBBSON

A client is experiencing symptoms associated with distributive shock. What types of shock are included in this category? (Select all that apply.)

1. Neurogenic
  2. Hypovolemic
  3. Anaphylactic
  4. Cardiogenic
  5. Septic
  6. Chronic

Question 2

The nurse is instructing a client diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus on daily foot care. Which of the following statements indicate the client needs further instruction?

1. I will check my feet every day.
  2. I will cut my toenails with scissors.
  3. I will keep my appointments with my podiatrist.
  4. I will make sure my shoes fit.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jojobee318

Answer to Question 1

1, 3, 5
There are three basic categories of shock syndrome: 1) hypovolemic, 2) cardiogenic, and 3) distributive. Subcategories of distributive shock include neurogenic, anaphylactic, and septic. Chronic is not a type of shock.

Answer to Question 2

Clients and their family members' knowledge and practice of foot care should be assessed regularly. Clients should be instructed to wash their feet daily with warm water and mild soap. The feet should be patted dry, particularly between the toes. The feet should be examined daily for cuts, blisters, and reddened areas. Toenails should be cut with clippers, not scissors. The shoes of a client diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus should fit properly to prevent foot problems.

JGIBBSON

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

pratush dev

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library