This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When discussing exercise with a client diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus, the client is ... (Read 68 times)

formula1

When discussing exercise with a client diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus, the client is correct in stating:

1. I will exercise when I can.
  2. I will exercise once a week for 30 minutes.
  3. I will try to exercise every day.
  4. I should exercise for at least 60 minutes when I exercise.

Question 2

A client is being prescribed medication to treat polycystic kidney disease. Which of the following medications would be indicated for this client?

1. Cephalosporin
  2. Antifungal
  3. Antihypertensive
  4. Antiarrhythmic

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nixon_s

Answer to Question 1

Clients should work toward a goal of 30 minutes of exercise daily. The intensity of exercise should allow for both breathing and talking with ease during the exercise. The other statements are incorrect and would indicate that the client needs additional instruction regarding exercise.

Answer to Question 2

Cephalosporins are considered first line antibiotics for management of cysts with polycystic kidney disease. Antifungal, antihypertensives, and antiarrhythmic medications are not used to treat this disorder.

formula1

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

dantucker

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library