Author Question: The nurse determines that a female client is at risk for developing a gynecological malignancy ... (Read 26 times)

CharlieWard

The nurse determines that a female client is at risk for developing a gynecological malignancy because which of the following is assessed?

1. Alcohol intake of one drink every week
  2. Currently overweight
  3. Smoking history
  4. History of constipation

Question 2

The nurse is instructing a client diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus on dietary intake. Which of the following statements indicates that the client understands the instructions?

1. It's okay to skip a meal if I make it up later.
  2. Keeping to the diet plan will keep my blood sugars at a regular level.
  3. When I am in a hurry, I should take my medications without testing.
  4. When I go out to dinner, it's okay to share a couple of bottles of wine.

dlook33

Answer to Question 1

Smoking increases the female client's risk of developing gynecological malignancies. Alcohol intake, being overweight, and having a history of constipation do not increase a client's risk of developing the disorder.

Answer to Question 2

The diet plan is individualized for each client. The food plan will have an emphasis on maintaining blood glucose levels, lowering blood pressure, and reducing weight since there is a high incidence of obesity in clients with type 2 diabetes. Alcohol can be part of a diet plan if in moderation. Sharing a couple of bottles of wine would not be alcohol in moderation. The food plan is combined with exercise, blood glucose testing, and medications (if needed). The client should be instructed to not skip meals. The client should be instructed to not take any medication prior to testing. The client should be instructed that alcohol intake should be in moderation.