This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is instructing a client newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). To determine the ... (Read 50 times)

Yolanda

The nurse is instructing a client newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). To determine the effectiveness of his teaching, the nurse would expect the client to state:

1. It is best for me to be in a cold environment.
  2. I should avoid taking a hot bath.
  3. I should eat foods low in salt.
  4. I should be better in a week.

Question 2

One of the most important things a nurse can teach a client about seizure control is to:

1. take the medication every day as prescribed by the doctor.
  2. eat a balanced diet.
  3. get lots of exercise.
  4. take naps during the day.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mathjasmine

Answer to Question 1

The clinical manifestations of MS can be exacerbated by being in a hot, humid environment or by taking a hot bath. A cold environment and low-salt foods do not impact the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. If the client states that they will improve in a week, instruction has not been effective.

Answer to Question 2

Medication is effective only if it is taken as prescribed, and suddenly stopping the medication can trigger an increase in seizure activity. Diet and exercise are important to a healthy lifestyle but do little to control seizure activity.

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

6ana001

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library