This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements made by a client after receiving instruction regarding internal ... (Read 22 times)

jasdeep_brar

Which of the following statements made by a client after receiving instruction regarding internal radiation would indicate that teaching has been successful?

1. My children can come visit me after school.
  2. Individuals will need to keep at least 3 feet away when possible.
  3. I will be sharing a room near the nursing station.
  4. The hospital staff will limit the amount of time in my room.

Question 2

A client tells the nurse that all hospitals care about is doing the minimum for a client regardless of the outcome. Which of the following should the nurse respond to this client?

1. It does feel like that sometimes.
  2. Health insurance companies have caused this problem.
  3. The doctors will get paid regardless of the clients' outcomes.
  4. There are quality programs in place to make sure clients receive the best quality of care regardless of the cost.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

SeanoH09

Answer to Question 1

General guidelines include assigning the patient to a private room; postradiation precaution signage; limiting the amount of time in the room; observing a distance of at least 6 feet from the source when possible; and prohibiting pregnant staff, family, visitors, and children from interacting or visiting with the patient. The other choices would indicate the need for additional instruction and are incorrect.

Answer to Question 2

In response to concerns about safety and quality of care voiced by clients and providers, total quality management and continuous quality improvement programs were initiated. These programs ensure society that cost management is not compromising safety or quality. This is what the nurse should respond to the client. The other choices do not address the client's concerns nor do they explain quality management programs.

jasdeep_brar

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library