This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which patient will the nurse plan on teaching about the Gardasil vaccine? a. A 24-year-old female ... (Read 20 times)

Which patient will the nurse plan on teaching about the Gardasil vaccine?

a. A 24-year-old female who has not been sexually active
  b. A 34-year-old woman who has multiple sexual partners
  c. A 19-year-old woman who is pregnant for the first time
  d. A 29-year-old woman who is in a monogamous relationship

Question 2

After the nurse has taught a patient with a newly diagnosed sexually transmitted infection about expedited partner therapy, which patient statement indicates that the teaching has been effective?

a. I will tell my partner that it is important to be examined at the clinic.
  b. I will have my partner take the antibiotics if any STI symptoms occur.
  c. I will make sure that my partner takes all of the prescribed medication.
  d. I will have my partner use a condom until I have finished the antibiotics.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Andromeda18

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Gardasil is recommended for females ages 9 through 26, preferably those who have never been sexually active. It is not recommended for women during pregnancy or for older women.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
With expedited partner therapy, the patient is given a prescription or medications for the partner. The partner does not need to be evaluated by the health care provider, but is presumed to be infected and should be treated concurrently with the patient. Use of a condom will not treat the presumed STI in the partner.

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

ASDFGJLO

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library