This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The home health nurse cares for a patient who has been receiving interferon therapy for treatment of ... (Read 26 times)

karen

The home health nurse cares for a patient who has been receiving interferon therapy for treatment of cancer. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further assessment?

a. I have frequent muscle aches and pains.
  b. I rarely have the energy to get out of bed.
  c. I experience chills after I inject the interferon.
  d. I take acetaminophen (Tylenol) every 4 hours.

Question 2

The nurse teaches a patient with cancer of the liver about high-protein, high-calorie diet choices. Which snack choice by the patient indicates that the teaching has been effective?

a. Lime sherbet
  b. Blueberry yogurt
  c. Cream cheese bagel
  d. Fresh strawberries and bananas

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mk6555

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Fatigue can be a dose-limiting toxicity for use of biologic therapies. Flulike symptoms, such as muscle aches and chills, are common side effects with interferon use. Patients are advised to use acetaminophen every 4 hours.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Yogurt has high biologic value because of the protein and fat content. Fruit salad does not have high amounts of protein or fat. Lime sherbet is lower in fat and protein than yogurt. Cream cheese is low in protein.

karen

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

amcvicar

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library